Each year, Noche de Salsa celebrates the significant and positive impacts on the lives of Scholars Latino Initiative (SLI) scholars.
Noche de Salsa 2020 (in pandemic-friendly form!) features a drive-through takeout dinner from Salgado’s Pupuseria y Taqueria. As guests drive through the Steven Toyota service building to receive their food, they will see performing dancers from Salsaburg and the Friendly City Dance Room, receive diplomas of gratitude, and be invited to make scholarship donations to support SLI’s mission to create college opportunities for Latino/x students.
5-7 p.m. Saturday, October 24, 2020
Steven Toyota, 2970 South Main Street, Harrisonburg
(choices at time of ticket purchase)
Steak, rice, beans, salad, tortillas, dessert,
Chicken, rice, beans, salad, tortillas, dessert, or
Cheese pupusas, curtido, dessert
Bottled water, agua de jamaica/hibiscus, or agua de maracuyá/passion fruit
- Wait! You’re scheduling an event during a pandemic? Yes – and we’ll be taking precautions. Guests will drive through the Steven Toyota service building to receive individually packaged takeout dinners from SLI board members and volunteers who will all be wearing masks. The live Salsa dancers will perform one couple at a time.
- Can I stay and watch the dancers while I eat? Unfortunately, no. For more time to watch the dancers, guests can choose the “slow lane” when picking up dinner. The wait will be longer, to allow guests a few minutes to enjoy the dancing before receiving their meals and heading out. Guests who don’t feel like watching can take the express lane!
- What is a “diploma of gratitude”? Will I receive one? Each guest will receive a signed statement of gratitude for their support for Scholars Latino Initiative scholars.
- Where will the event “scholarship donations” come from? Guests!
- Can I purchase tickets at the door? No, sorry. Tickets must be purchased by October 8, to ensure we prepare the right number of meals for guests.
- I can’t attend, but still want to support SLI scholars. Can I do that? Yes! Please donate online at vasli.org/donate
Many thanks to our event partners:
Many thanks to our sponsors:
Peter Iver Kaufman
Pat & Dick Gardner
Brent Holsinger & Laura Toni-Holsinger
Christopher & Maria Clymer Kurtz
Phil & Loretta Helmuth
Noche de Salsa 2019
2018 event sponsors